Dion Paridaens, PhD MD
OCULOPLASTIC, LACRIMAL AND ORBITAL SURGEON
- Head of Orbital Center, Rotterdam Eye Hospital and Erasmus Medical Center.
- Head of Residency Program Rotterdam Eye Hospital (since 2020)
- Director Oculoplastic & Orbital Fellowship (since 2001)
- Secretary European Society of Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery (ESOPRS) (From September 2014 -until September 2022)
- President-elect ESOPRS since 2021
- Founding member and vice-chairman of Dutch Orbital Society
- 1982-1989: medical training in the University of Utrecht
- 1990-1992: oncology fellowship in Moorfields Eye Hospital and the Institute of Ophthalmology, London.
- 1992-1996: ophthalmology residency, FC Donders Institute Utrecht
- 1997: visiting orbital fellow to Jack Rootman in Vancouver, British Columbia
- 1997-2010: Editor-in-Chief of the international Journal Orbit.
- 2011-2016: Part-time Professor at the Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve, Switzerland
- 2017: Founding member of the Rotterdam Thyroid Center
- 1997: invited lecturer and guest surgeon in various countries across the globe
- 1997: Medical advisor for several patient organisations in the Netherlands
- 2020-2021: Section Editor Acta Ophthalmologica
- 2021: Section Editor British Journal of Ophthalmology
- 1993: Ph.D. thesis on periocular melanoma, awarded with the FC Donders Prize in 1995
- published over 190 articles (PUBMED), several book chapters and educational DVDs and iPhone application on oculoplastic surgery and orbital decompression.
- He has supervised several PhD students
Graves’ orbitopathy, specific orbital inflammatory diseases, periocular and intraocular tumors, and eyelid & lacrimal surgery
Dion Paridaens is married and is the proud father of three teenagers.